Gia is really potty trained. Last time I wrote this, she had a bunch of accidents, but this time it's for real. She still doesn't like to use public restrooms, but who does?
She is becoming more accepting of Santa Claus - she thinks he might be ok but she doesn't really like him. I think her 'big kids' at school have influenced her on the benefits of SC.
Gia is thriving. Ms. Teresa at her school tests the kids and showed me some of Gia's results. She far exceeds those of her same age and some a bit older. She can say and identify all of her colors, shapes (oval is her favorite shape), animals & their sounds, count 1-11 (but skips 4 for some reason) and is a master puzzler (is that a word?). I gave her some 3 & 4 year old puzzles and she had them mastered within an hour - and yes she focuses solely putting those puzzles together for an hour. Some of the puzzles were difficult for Nick and I initially and she was getting impatient with us because we weren't putting it together fast enough. How will we ever keep up w/her?
She convinced Nick to put up xmas lights this year...and if you know anything about Nick and holidays - this is a miracle onto itself. Now Nick has the bug and asked if we could buy an inflatable santa in a helicopter. NO! ;) but it is so much fun to see that Gia can melt away some of our adult ideas and traditions (or lack thereof) and allow us to see the joy and wonder of it all through her eyes.
We're going to see the infamous Grandpa Blaine & Grandma Shirley in 2 weeks. We can't wait. Gia talks about them constantly and can't wait to fly in an airplane. I hope they're ready for their fireball of a great-granddaughter...
Everyone have a wonderful holiday season!
1 comment:
Cute. Adriana counts to 15 and she skips 5. I don't know why, not a fan of 5 I guess. :) Those numbers previously have wronged them.
I am glad she is coming around for Santa. I am sure if he brings her something good, she may melt a little more. :)
Post a Comment