Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Greasy Girl

If you haven't taken the poll (on the right), maybe you should after you read this blog. Gia is approaching the terrible 2's...or maybe the terrible 20 months' stage. She yells at us a lot and tells us no and throws things. Here is the most recent and entertaining story - which happened last night (9/22).

First, she decided to take the pee from her potty and throw it all over the floor and walk barefoot around the house and make sure to put footsteps everywhere. Then...she grabbed a jar of vaseline and rubbed half (of the jar) onto the back of her hair, face and then the top of her hair. After she thoroughly covered her head with vaseline, she looks in the mirror and goes ooohhhhh - as if to let us know that she is even more beautiful now that she is covered in vaseline. It was hilarious, but the consequences are not.

The stuff was so thick I couldn't even run a hair pick through it... We washed and washed and washed her hair-still greasy. So I added baking soda to her hair then washed and washed - still greasy. She was so upset w/my scrubbing and washing that she started screaming at me and telling me NONONONO!

She gets to Flo's this morning and Flo asks why Gia's hair is still wet. I say it isn't wet, she has vaseline in her hair. Flo - why did you put vaseline in her hair (brilliant question). I explained the situation.

So, God only knows how long she will be a Greasy Girl. She's looking (and acting) more and more like her dad every day.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Aren't toddlers fun? I think we need to see a picture of Greasy Girl.

Val said...

Actually my brother did the exact same thing when he was little. I will ask my mom what she used. I remember the pic, he looked like an old man!