Unfortunately, Nikki's dad passed away. She and her family have been in Cheyenne trying to take care of things. Gia has gotten to be quite good pals with Stacy's (Nikki's sister) kids, Jake & Hannah, which has been fun to watch.
Gia was able to spend some quality time with her BFF Adrianna and TJ since they came to Cheyenne for Jim's celebration of life. Adrianna doesn't really care for anyone but her mother, but Gia and I tried to show her a good time. Maybe next year she'll appreciate our company more, but she thinks we're pretty scary right now. She has some serious lungs...and she 'etched' us more than once.
Gia is talking in sentences, although not everyone can understand her like I can. Nick was talking to her the other day, telling her what to do and she looked at him and said "I know Dad". I am sure this phrase will be repeated constantly throughout her (our) life... Other phrases include "where's weeble" referring to Nana's new kitty. "I want another bite" referring to food of course. She's so much fun right now. We're very fortunate to have such a happy, funny and smart kid. She's constantly trying to do things to make us laugh - obviously a trait picked up from her Dad.
Her taste in music has changed too. I guess she is a head-banging, death-metal punker. She marches around and swings her arms around to crazy music - it's hilarious to watch. She likes it even more when we all get into the gia-"pit" and bump each other. I don't know where she learned these moves, but I'm afraid to see her when she's a rebellious teenager wanting to partake in mosh pits - or whatever they might call them in the future.
Gia is getting to be more of a big girl as well. She drinks out of a shot glass by herself, feeds herself with a spoon and has taken over updating her blog. Well, perhaps the last one is a stretch. Here's pics of her feeding herself:
Eating cereal on the deck

Yummmmm....gravy - seriously she couldn't get enough of this gravy

Hope everyone is enjoying the summertime. We're having a blast swimming, riding bikes, gardening, etc. Hopefully we'll be able to post some videos of Gia swimming with her aunt & uncle from Colorado soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment